Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Best Things Are Worth the Effort | Winter Blog Challenge

Since I uploaded the Winter Blog Challenge - (Yes, I know that it's not really winter anymore, I just have yet to complete the challenge...needless to say, I'm terrible at challenges, haha) - I've had a lot of good things happen. And I postponed writing this post specifically because I was waiting to hear back from a few select, important people first.

Most people who've subscribed and followed me on YouTube and people who know me in real life know that I'm a college student - or University, as some people say. I've been stuck in my hometown for years, patiently waiting for the opportunity to go out, venture into the world, and have new experiences.

About 6 or 7 months ago, I applied to a few higher-level universities and was told that I wouldn't know their decision on whether or not to accept me until mid to late March. So I waited. I didn't want to get my hopes up, but realistically, I had no reason to believe I wouldn't be accepted anywhere.

Fast forward, and I have now received acceptance letters to every school that I wanted to go to. Even though I've had some pretty great things happen, I'd have to say this is the best of all. Not only do I have hope to have a better life, I can finally get out and "see what the world's about."

I'm not sharing this story to brag. I want to share something that I've been progressively learning, personally, through this. You know that old saying: Good things come to those who wait? Not to get totally cheesy, but there is some truth to that.

I'm not saying that everything you want will be handed to you in life, and all you have to do is wait for someone to deliver it. I'm not saying that at all. The things you want in life, you have to work for it. And sometimes - of the time - you're going to have to work really hard. But through that, you will have to be patient and know that someday, that hard work and diligence will pay off. That "good thing" they talk about doesn't come without a little blood, sweat, and tears; but when you do see it, it'll all be worth it.
[UPDATE: I follow Alfie Deyes - @PointlessBlog - on insta and he posted this picture. Fits perfectly with what I'm saying here :) Follow him on insta and give him some love!]




Previous: Fave foods: Best Spaghetti Yet
Next: Dream Jobs


You can find me on any of these links and more

Until next time, 
Kristazzi

No comments:

Post a Comment