Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Meaning Behind My Blog Name | Winter Blog Challenge

Any blogger, vlogger, internet persona, etc... knows that having an interesting, catchy title or name practically sells whatever you decide to write. It might be 70% title, 30% confidence in your content. That said, I completely threw this rule out the window when I picked my username: Kristazzi. Nobody knows what a 'Kristazzi' is, it doesn't sound too appealing, and - quite frankly - it's bland to the bone. But, believe it or not, it means something to me.


A few people who really know me can say that I had a difficult time in high school. I never really felt like I belonged in a private school. I'm not really saying that I don't approve of private schools; that's a completely different topic. But to keep this story short, I'll just say that nearly everything I was interested in or believed in was suppressed or rejected there. That was a miserable existence (and the reason behind my new stance, taken directly from Nico Vega's lyrics in her song Beast of America: "Suppression is a motherf*cking prison, so I hand you the key to your cell.")

It was through this hard time that I started hanging around the Craft store more often and stumbled upon this bead company called Cyrstazzi. Their name amused me. It was all I could think about for a while. Eventually, I went back and purchased a bunch of their products, such as pendants, beads, and everything that I could get my hands on that would help me make jewelry.

Finding this new hobby allowed me to stop focusing so much on myself and the school I attended. It made me happy. I was excited to come home from school, take a chain, a pendant, and some beads and make that necklace that I'd been mentally designing that day at school. If anyone else is going through a similar situation where you feel trapped in a bad situation with no way out, I'd advise taking a step back to clear your head. Start a craft, work on repairing that car, go "window shopping," volunteer at an animal shelter or homeless shelter, or anything to take your mind off your situation, even if it's only for a little while. Because sometimes it really helps. It clears your head, like a restart button.

To remember this moment, I took their company's name (Crystazzi) and tweaked it ever so slightly using my name, Kris, to create my internet name Kristazzi. It's not creative or original, but I stick to it like super glue. Because of this, my life became like a phoenix, reborn from the ashes of its prior self. This, along with a few other events, helped shape me as a person, and I'm grateful for these few things that I had.

Previous: Proudest Moment (ft. Bullying)
Next: My Collections

You can find me on any of these links and more

Until next time, 
Kristazzi



No comments:

Post a Comment