Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Disney's Greatest Villain: Maleficent 2014


I've never been more excited for a the release of a new Disney movie than Maleficent, scheduled for March 2014. Even the slogan "Evil Has A Beginning" sounds so ominous, that it's a perfect fit for this badass Villain-with-a-capital-V. Out of all the possible villains Disney could have chosen to feature, I couldn't be more pleased that they picked Maleficent. And having Angelina Jolie star as Maleficent couldn't be more perfect; I mean, her physique is a flawless match, anyways!

I've never been a fan of the typical "Old-School" Disney princess movies. You know what I'm talking about: the Princess is a sweet and innocent girl who gets caught up in some trouble, usually by a step-mother, and eventually requires the assistance of a prince towards the end of the film. For this reason, telling the well-known story of "Sleeping Beauty" from the Villain's perspective, highlighting the path she took that led her to curse Aurora, sounds incredibly promising.
All stills taken from Disney's recent Maleficent "Dream" trailer

In high anticipation for this movie - and inspiration from Lana Del Rey's amazing cover of Once Upon A Dream in the new trailer for this movie - I've uploaded a quick little lyric video, featuring Lana Del Rey and some awesome stills from the trailer. Hope you enjoy the song as much as I do.

I'm not sponsored in any way to brag about this movie (although, wouldn't it be great?) I just love it so much already.

Make sure to check out Disney's "Dream" Trailer; it's so fantastically done that you might just pass out for a minute like I did when I first saw it! And don't forget to see it in theaters this March (Can we keep discussing Angelina Jolie?)

You can find me on any of these links and more

Until next time, 
Kristazzi



No comments:

Post a Comment