Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 9 - What's Your Best Physical Feature? | Nov. Blog Challenge

If you don't know what my November Blog Challenge is, read this first.


I like the idea of this topic for today. In a world where everyone is overly critical of themselves, I think it's good to take a step back and really think of one thing you like the best about yourself. I'm defining "Best Physical Feature" not to mean the thing that everyone else tells you they like about you, but the one - or more - thing about you that you don't hate; the one thing that you think is not bad at all. Maybe even the one thing you take pride in or think is so cool because it makes you stand out among all the other many people in this world.

Remember when you were just a kid and you had very few insecurities? Good days, huh? Those days, most adults wouldn't criticize you for fear of you losing that bit of innocence of your idea of yourself. And most other kids didn't know how to tease you or point out your flaws yet, so you went out in the world without a single care. You might have even had that one thing that you like about yourself, that you thought was special or unique.

I know some friends of mine really liked their eyes, so I thought I'd go around saying I like my eyes too, just to like everyone else. But as the years went on, I started to realize, like many other kids begin to do, that I didn't like my eyes that much at all. I mean, they don't look very Asian, but they're brown. I don't dislike brown eyes, but I do when it's on me. I felt like they made my face boring. Uninteresting.

Then I had another group of friends who really liked their hair. I could understand why. Most of my friends growing up were white, though I did have one Asian friend - kinda like me, but she's full Chinese while I'm only half. My friends' hair always looked so well-done or smooth and shiny while mine just ... existed in some state. It was frizzy, kinda went all over the place, and even changed color from its original black to this dark brown that I have today.

And the list goes on and on with what I found other little kids really liked about their appearances: their hands, feet, nose, lips, etc... And as they grow up, the list becomes shorter and changes to things like fingernails, eyelashes, high cheekbones, and how skinny they while the list of things they hate about their bodies grows.

There's never really been one thing that I like about myself more than normal, except my collar bone. Isn't that a weird thing to like about yourself? Your collar bone? But I do, sort of. And I might even go so far as to say it's my best physical feature, even though most people don't notice other peoples' collar bones. Let's face it, that's kinda ridiculous. But, for me, it's knowing how ridiculous that sounds that makes me like it even more. My 'best physical feature' hides in plain sight, but I think it's kinda cool that way.

What do you feel like your best physical feature is? Feel free to let me know!

You can find me on any of these links and more
Until tomorrow, 
Kristazzi

Previous: Worst Habits

No comments:

Post a Comment