Friday, November 8, 2013

Day 5 - Fears | Nov. Blog Challenge

If you don't know what my November Blog Challenge is, read this first.
I strongly believe that many of what people fear - even how many fears a person has - is indicative of the environment in which he or she was raised. Now, I'm not writing this to spill any dirt on my childhood or things I went through growing up. First, I'm not quite ready to share that with very many people yet, and second, the only way I'd ever really talk about it publicly is if I have a damn good reason to. So, instead of all of that, I'll be writing about the silly, irrational fears that seemingly everybody has - including me - but not very many of us can shake. I'm talking phobias. Namely, the following two.

1. My greatest phobia (and probably the great majority of people in the world as well) is of heights. Every time I'm up high, like in an glass-wall elevator or ferris wheel, I get the feeling that I'm going to fall straight to the ground. Or, if I'm on a bridge, that it's going to collapse all of a sudden. Terrifying, right?

2. Another phobia of mine is of bees. I'm sure close to everyone on the face of the planet has a natural, and healthy, avoidance of bees, but the mere sight or faint indication of a bee anywhere in a five-mile radius - or so it seems - has me frozen so quickly, the people walking behind me start cussing me off as they run into me. Every time, I'm so terrified of a bee somehow finding me to be threatening and gathering all its little bee friends to come and sting the life outa me. Irrational? Definitely. Does the fact that this is a real phobia for pretty much everybody make me feel better about myself? Absolutely.

If you have any phobias and feel like making me feel better about my life, let me know in the comments!


You can find me on any of these links and more
Until tomorrow, 
Kristazzi

Day 6: Pet Peeves
Previous: Fave Songs



1 comment:

  1. i fear rejection. i fear the parts of life that i have no control over. i fear knee injuries that scene from "Varsity Blues" where the coach takes the needle and sticks it into his knee freaked me out. Getting queasy thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete