Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day 4 - I Ship It (OTP) | The YouTuber Challenge

I blame Tyler Oakley for getting the YouTube community started on "shipping" different YouTubers and having an OTP in the YT world. Before he began really obsessing over it, it seemed like we hardly heard/cared about "shipping."

Now, if you've been living under a rock and aren't familiar with the term "shipping" and don't know what OTP stands for, well that's ok. I'll explain it for you.

"Shipping" basically means "Relation-Shipping:" any people who you would like to see in a relationship - real or imaginary. You might hear something like "I ship that," or "who do you ship together?" Translated into the language of the olden days, that would mean "I'd like to see them in a relationship," and "Who would you like to see together?" HOWEVER once the globe gets ahold of something good, it likes to turn it all around. Now, when people "ship" other people (and yes, you can now "ship" yourself), it's 110% fake and just for fun.

An OTP stands for One True Pairing, which is basically the ultimate "ship" of yours.

Phew. I feel like a living, breathing Urban Dictionary.

As a person who frequently wastes her days away on YouTube, I've developed a number of ships. I ship...
Tyler Oakley with everyone in existence

 Zoe (Zoella) and Alfie Deyes (PointlessBlog), Hannah Hart (MyHarto) and Grace Helbig (It's Grace), and the list goes on!

But I have to say, my YouTube OTP would be Joey Graceffa and Shane Dawson - or, #Shoey.

Does anybody know how this ship first sailed? It might have been when Shane's subscribers dared him to kiss Joey (Dare The Dawson). It might have been a result of their friendship. Who really knows? All I know is that I ship it. I ship it hard! Haha..

On that note, I want to ask you who is your YouTube OTP? Leave me a comment letting me know!

Watch for the next post: Day 5 - YouTuber Who Always Makes You Laugh


You can find the YouTuber Challenge list by clicking the link.

Until tomorrow
- Kristazzi

No comments:

Post a Comment