Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 5 - Comfort Foods | 30 Day Blog Challenge

Today's blog challenge is to talk about our favorite comfort foods and why. I think I like this one so much because I secretly really like food, despite having been a picky eater my entire life. Anyways, I probably have three top favorites when it comes to comfort food.

The first is definitely mint-chip (or mint 'n chip) ice cream. Whenever I have this ice cream, I feel the love. It's like having spoonfuls of frozen okay-ness, dashed with flaky, melty chocolate chips. It usually doesn't matter which brand I buy, I just love all types of mint chip ice cream. If there's ever a tub in the house, it may or may not be gone in a couple days.

The second would have to be cheetos puffs or the cheddar puffcorn. I don't know why, but I have a special weakness for that crunchy, yet fluffy, cheesy goodness. And if they're disguised as popcorn, even better! Cheese is like a substitute for human contact, only better. It's edible, it doesn't judge, and it's edible. It's like, if cheese could love, I'm sure it'd love us back.

And, last but definitely not least, are chocolate chip cookies. There are no other cookies except chocolate chip cookies. The warm, melt-in-your-mouth, delectable goodness is like extra slow-motion moon-bouncing on a cloud in heaven to "Reunited," the overplayed song in cat-food commercials. Unfortunately for me, every time I try to bake them, they turn out way too burned and as hard as stone, so my absolute favorites are either store bought or home-made by the lucky few who know what they're doing.

That's it for today's blog post. What are your favorite comfort foods?

As always, you can find the 30 Day Blog Challenge list by clicking the link.


Until tomorrow
-Kristazzi

No comments:

Post a Comment