Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 28 - Nostalgia | 30 Day Blog Challenge

Today's post is going to be about something I miss so I'm going to just jump right into it. The thing I miss the most would be my childhood. How many times in this 30 Day Blog Challenge have I written about childhood? Too many for me to remember off the top of my head.

I'm not sure about kids today, growing up with access to so many different things through technology - laptops, Smartphones, iPads, etc... - but only a decade ago when I was 10, we didn't have any of that stuff. Now, I sound like a grandparent telling the little children about the "ancient days," but it's true. Things felt a lot simpler then.

I particularly liked the days from when I was 4 til about 8. I had a lot of friends. I dressed in these ugly outfits that my mom, bless her, picked out for me because she "thought they were cute," and nobody cared. I carried a lot of baby fat and nobody cared. A group of friends and I used to chase a group of boys around the school during recess and they didn't care about anything but us having "cooties."

I learned to read, and suddenly, reading became my favorite pastime. I loved writing these stupid poems and stories that I'd probably get a good kick out of reading now. I loved drawing and painting, even though I was no good at it. I had fun.

We are all so carefree.

Those are the times I miss the most.


As always, you can find the 30 Day Blog Challenge list by clicking the link.

Until tomorrow
- Kristazzi

No comments:

Post a Comment