Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 24 - Despicable Me! | 30 Day Blog Challenge

Today's blog challenge asks us to talk about our favorite movie. As you can tell from the title and the image here, my favorite movie (for the past few years, anyways) has been Despicable Me and now, Despicable Me 2 has made it to my second favorite movie!

What is Despicable Me, you (as a person who just arrived to the planet Earth) ask? It's a movie about a, debatably, brilliant villain who realizes that he's getting to be old and there are younger villains out there who are eager to take his place. In a final effort to prove himself as the world's most badass villain, he reveals a plot so big that if he really pulls it off, he would indefinitely be the greatest villain of all time. However, along the way, he meets these three little orphans who give him a new perspective on life and what's really a priority.

I feel like if I say any more, I might spoil the movie for all of the 2 people out there who haven't yet seen this incredibly awesome, adorable, and hilarious movie, haha..

How fitting that today's challenge asked us to share our favorite movie because earlier today, I finally got around to buying a new DVD player and had decided to officially christen it by first putting on Despicable Me, the only movie that deserves to be its first!

To give you a perspective of how old and broken my other DVD player is, for starters, it also had a VHS tape player included. We had bought it when humanity still watched movies on VHS, when DVDs were just starting to become popular - kind of similar to the transition from music on cassette tapes to CDs (yes, I was barely alive to see that!) Anyways, the old DVD player had been breaking for YEARS. When it started to not load DVDs properly, we got another cheap-o DVD player from a drugstore that only lasted 2 years until it started behaving the same way. We then switched back to using this monstrous DVD/VHS machine, sometimes waiting for  hours just inserting and ejecting the DVD in order to get the movie to finally play.

Now that it's finally completely broken, we went out to get a new one. While this irritates me, waiting until something completely breaks down to replace it, I'm glad that we did this time. Had we given in a couple years ago and bought one, it probably wouldn't have come with some of the features I'm now enjoying on the new one. I know we're a little behind the times when it comes to technology, something I still beat my head against the wall over, I'm proud to say that now we have a device that not only plays DVDs, but also Blu-Ray, and can access common apps such as YouTube (something I'm the most pleased about that), Pandora, Netflix, Facebook, etc...

FINALLY!


As always, you can find the 30 Day Blog Challenge list by clicking the link.

Until tomorrow
- Kristazzi


No comments:

Post a Comment