Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 22 - Change | 30 Day Blog Challenge

For today's post, I'll be talking briefly about some of the ways I've changed as a person over the past two years.

For starters, I think the time span of this challenge, two years, is pretty perfect. Two years ago, I was a fresh 18-year-old who knew practically nothing about life. I joined this book club that some of my friends had started as a "support" group-type thing for an inspirational (albeit, Christian-y) book that was trending, and still is. Although, now I don't necessarily like or agree with a lot of what this book supports, I appreciate some of the things it helped me get through, including helping me get out of my depression.

Since then, I started attending the local community college - something I'm not necessarily proud of, but am actually glad I did. I've met great friends through taking different classes, especially the great group of people with whom I've taken American Sign Language since the very beginning.

Unfortunately, I've said goodbye to some friends who were constantly dragging me down. I've also had to say goodbye to dear friends of mine as they shipped themselves off to the other side of the country for college.

I've dealt with losing people who meant the world to me.

I've taken a mini-road trip with two good friends of mine for this thing called "Silent Weekend." Sponsored by California State University of Northridge (CSUN), this Deaf Event Weekend didn't go how we hoped, but we have fun re-telling the story now that it's over.

I also took a day-trip to Hollywood with another good friend of mine and we got to stop by Amoeba Records for the first time in our lives.

I grew my hair out long enough to donate to Locks of Love.

And last, but certainly not least, I've started experiencing new things and saying 'yes' to more things, like Zoe from Zoella on YouTube advocates so much.



As always, you can find the 30 Day Blog Challenge list by clicking the link.

Until tomorrow
- Kristazzi

No comments:

Post a Comment