Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 18 | Great Reads | 30 Day Blog Challenge

Today's post for the 30 Day Blog challenge is to talk about a book I could read over and over and never get sick of. I actually have a few books that I've really enjoyed and have read over and over, so today I'll share two of those with you.


1) The Midnighters series - Scott Westerfeld 
These are pretty awesome for being in the Young Adult Fiction genre. There are three books in the series: The Secret Hour, Touching Darkness, and Blue Noon. This unique group of teenagers who grew up in Bixby, Oklahoma, find out from an early age that they are 'Midnighters,' meaning when time stops at midnight every night, they are the only ones who don't freeze with it. Every Midnighter has a special set of skills that they carry with them to the daytime. Well, during their high school years, this girl named Jessica moves into town when her mom gets a job and everything - even time - starts to unravel at the seams. Sounds crazy at first, I know, but saying very much more would pretty much spoil the series. If you're ever looking for a good read, I'd definitely recommend this series. And yes, the covers of these books kinda make it look like a vampire flick, but I promise you it is nothing of the sort.

2) Th1rteen R3asons Why - Jay Asher
I remember, years ago, while browsing the book section in Target (yes, I did that) I came across this book and the cover and title of the book kinda jumped out at me. So I picked up the book, read the brief description, and found it even more intriguing. I didn't have any money at the time, but I promised myself to buy it as soon as I could. When I finally did buy this book, it was non-stop reading until I finished it in the early hours of the morning. The main character, Hannah, documents her life using a tape recorder. With careful planning and knowing how to be very convincing, each section of tapes is passed down from person to person - everyone who did her wrong - everyone who caused her to kill herself.
I don't condone doing this in any way, but I found the book somewhat relatable in some ways and in other ways it pulled a little on my heartstrings. It really does change the way you look at people, especially people who have been or are being bullied. The ending is inevitable, but is also a tear-jerker. If you find this in your library or book store, definitely give it a read.

If you've ever read these books, leave a comment telling me if you liked them! If not, what are some books that you could read over and over and not get bored?


As always, you can find the 30 Day Blog Challenge list by clicking the link.

Until tomorrow
- Kristazzi

1 comment: