Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 17 | Highs & Lows of 2013 | 30 Day Blog Challenge

As I mentioned yesterday, today's post is a bit more of a serious one for me. The prompt is to talk about our highs and lows of the year thus far. Let me just put a disclaimer on this post right now, I've been through and have seen others go through really extreme things since the start of the year.
Not all of them are so great.

I'll start off with a good memory. This year was the first year I've actually watched the Super Bowl. I know, I know, I'm almost 20 years old and I'm surprised at myself for not having partaken in such an American event before this year. Before the Super Bowl, I had been keeping up on the 49ers, thanks to a few YouTubers whom I follow. So I was super excited to watch the game, and even though they didn't win, the fact that Beyonce performed at half-time was all worth it.

Alternating to one particular low-point of the year, I've had a person with whom I had confided some personal information completely drop our friendship without warning. Since I tend to get anxiety pretty easily, I began worrying about what this person might have said to our mutual friends, if they had been lying and gossiping about me, and whether or not this person told any of my personal information to anybody. This not only made me really upset that they would do this to me all of a sudden, but kinda made me re-examine the majority of my friendships which made me spiral into more anxiety. Now, this event also collided with another major low-point of the year (which is why my online existence dwindled around that time), and I'll get to that one in a bit.


Another high point of the year was that my extended family and I got a chance to visit the East Coast. I had never been there before, so I decided to take in the experience by doing what any YouTuber should do and vlog my week.
You can find a  playlistof my vlogs in the Bahamas and Universal Orlando (including Harry Potter Land) by clicking the link.


Finally, the most recent low of this year was losing a good family/church friend. Without getting into details, the community here where I live has suffered a terrible loss as loving wife, mother, friend, and aunty died suddenly in a plane accident. I actually found this out while I was on vacation in the Bahamas and I really didn't know how to take it. There were too many feels. I cried often, especially because I had just recently gotten to know her better. Since then, I've felt more distant than ever - something I'm trying to reverse - but I have started taking life even more seriously. I learned that I shouldn't waste my time pretending to like people who I don't like or allow people to step all over me. I cut out some things (and, sadly, people) in my life that had been making me unhappy. It just makes me sad that it often takes major tragedies to wake us up to the realities of life.

And on that note, I want to end this post saying that I started to write this yesterday, but the reason I postponed finishing it til today was because it started getting too difficult for me to continue. I know, reading it from an outside perspective, it'll probably seem like nothing, and the way I wrote it probably sounds like nothing as well. But believe me, this has been one of the most difficult things for me to reflect on.

Now, I'd like to invite you to post your own high and low points of your year thus far. Leave a comment or go to your own blog and write a little something.



As always, you can find the 30 Day Blog Challenge list by clicking the link.

Until tomorrow
- Kristazzi




No comments:

Post a Comment