Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 15 | 15 Interesting Facts | 30 Day Blog Challenge

How fitting that it's the 15th day of this 30 Day Blog Challenge and the post for today is to write 15 interesting facts about ourselves. I'm just happy that I've made it to the half-way mark now! I'm not sure if I can give 15 really interesting facts about myself - that seems like way too many - but I'm going to try it anyways.

Here are 15 things you probably didn't know about Kristazzi:


  1. Tedious editing is actually something I enjoy. It's not the long hours of hard work that I like; it's seeing the finished product and knowing that the time that I spent was not at all wasted. That being said, when I spend a bunch of time working on something and it still turns out terribly, I may or may not get a little grumpy.
  2. I am literally half of both of my parents. Often times, kids will look more like one parent, or even a relative of one of the parents, but I am almost exactly half of both of my parents in nearly every way.
  3. I was never the "short" kid until I hit the third grade. Since then, I grew very, very slowly, stopping for good when I was in Jr. High at a whopping 5 feet short.
  4. Technically, I don't have a middle name. When my mom put my name on my birth certificate, she decided to make my middle name a second last name instead. In a way, this reminds me of some married people who hyphenate their original last name and their partner's last name (for example: Mary Smith-Robinson). I guess I will perpetually sound like I'm married if I ever give out my full name.
  5. Going along with names, the reason my mom named me Kristin was because when she was younger, she had a friend named Kristin who she thought was very attractive, well-mannered, elegant, and poised. So she thought, somehow, that by naming me after this person, I would somehow grow to be like her. Really, I'm a gigantic klutz for being such a small person. Results are in and it looks like my mother couldn't be more wrong.
  6. The first language I ever learned was Chinese (specifically, Cantonese). I picked up English more around the age of 3-5 and since then, it's been my main language. And by that, I mean it's the language I use to think any and most private thoughts.
  7. In high school, I was enrolled for two years of Spanish, one of which I hated. I also self-taught German (though, not very well) on and off for 4 years.
  8. Going along with languages yet again, in college I decided to take American Sign Language for language credit. Can I just say that it quickly became my favorite class I've ever taken in my entire life. I found it so eye-opening (almost literally) that I continued learning the language until I hit ASL 4, the max my college teaches.
  9. My favorite candies tend to be anything gummy and anything sour. Don't know why I love them so much, I just do.
  10. When I'm not listening to Rock/Alternative music, I like Pop and Rap.
  11. My favorite raps include Same Love, Can't Hold Us, & Thrift Shop by Macklemore, Kyoto by Skrillex ft. Sirah, any Linkin Park rap, and Super Bass & Beez in the Trap. I feel like if I've taken the time to memorize an entire rap, I can't possibly ever hate the song, no matter how over-played it may be.
  12. I own an Android phone and use a PC, but I'm not-so-secretly an Apple person :)
  13. When I was in the third grade, I somehow beat out all the other kids in my grade for spelling and made it to the Spelling Bee in this town where I live. When I got there, I made it to 5th place, which is not bad considering how much I didn't care for it. Training for it was so intense, though, that every year after that when we had grade-wide spelling competitions, I purposefully misspelled words just to get out of having to compete in the Bee again.
  14. When I was really little, all of my friends had their own imaginary friends and I thought I was abnormal because I didn't have one, so whenever people asked me who my imaginary friend was, I would just make it up on the spot. Now that I think about it, that's kind of funny, having an imaginary-imaginary friend.
  15. This has, by far, been the most difficult blog post to do. I've sat here for what feels like days trying to come up with 15 facts about myself, let alone have them be interesting.
On that note, this is the end of today's post. I hope you found at least one of these things about me interesting. But now I want to turn it over to you. What's something about you that people wouldn't typically guess right off the bat? Leave me a comment!

As always, you can find the 30 Day Blog Challenge list by clicking the link.

Until tomorrow
- Kristazzi

No comments:

Post a Comment