Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 14 - Earliest Childhood Memory | 30 Day Blog Challenge


Hello, everybody. Today's blog challenge asks about our earliest childhood memory.

Now, when I was a baby, my parents liked to video tape (and I mean literally on VHS tapes) everything. So, naturally, when I was in Jr. High, I found them all and started watching them over and over - mostly for the comedic things I did as a kid. But you know how, when you watch old tapes of yourself, it can seem like your memories are coming back to you, when really you're just storing a memory of some random footage you watched?

No? Just me?

Well, I didn't think it would be fair for today's post to share any of those stories, so I thought waaaayyy back to something that could possibly be my earliest childhood memory and, let me just say right now, it's strange.

To preface this story, let me explain a little about my childhood. I grew up as an only child with parents who were constantly busy, so I got used to playing by myself most of the time. Most of the typical fairy tale stories, among other things, I learned through school or watching VHS tapes that my mother bought for me. That being said, let me proceed to what I think is my earliest childhood memory. 

I believe I was standing just outside my bedroom, looking down the hallway and inside my room. The shades on my window were pulled open so there was plenty of sunlight. And you know when you stare at the air when it's in the sunlight, you can see little dust particles floating around? Well, I would pretend that those little dust particles were teeny tiny fairies and that they were my little friends. I don't remember what I was wearing that day, but I do remember twirling around (possibly with a toy wand in hand, not too sure on that one) like I was a princess.

And that's basically it. I want to say that I was 3 or 4 years old at the time, but there's no way for me to really know, haha...

Now I want to know, what was your earliest childhood memory? Was it nearly as strange as mine or was it even stranger?

As always, you can find the 30 Day Blog Challenge list by clicking the link.

Until tomorrow
- Kristazzi

No comments:

Post a Comment