Thursday, June 27, 2013

The 30 Day Blog Challenge

If you haven't already heard (and depending on where you live, you might not have) The United States Supreme Court recently ruled DOMA unconstitutional (which is the Defense of Marriage Act which basically holds to the mistaken belief that if two same-sex couples are allowed their right to get married, the "sanctity" of straight couple's marriages would be, somehow, destroyed). Thus begins the turning over a new leaf for this country!

In honor of this monumental event in history, I've decided to embark on my own "turning over a new leaf" journey and the most appropriate way I figured was to start a 30 Day Blog Challenge for myself.

A little bit about myself, I tend to find myself generally unmotivated unless something big happens and it's time to kick this habit to the curb! Now, research has shown that in order for a habit to develop, one should typically keep up said habit for at LEAST 30 days and I thought it was just so convenient that I ran into a 30 Day Blog Challenge that someone pinned to Pintrest (You can find the list for yourself by clicking that link).

By completing this challenge, I hope to gain more motivation in my life and maybe some self-discovery along the way.

My posts are completely of my own opinion, but if you've stumbled upon this, feel free to take the challenge yourself or comment your own answer.

The reason why I'm starting this today instead of waiting til the new month begins is more symbolic for me; by the time I'm through, it will mark exactly one month since the Supreme Court's decision.

So, without further ado, let the blogging begin :)


-Kristazzi

No comments:

Post a Comment