Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 3 - Pet Peeves | 30 Day Blog Challenge

Today's question is "What are your top 5 pet peeves?"

Personally, I'm kind of excited to answer this. I've been wanting to talk about my top pet peeves for a while now so this is the perfect opportunity to vent all that pent up ... I don't know ... frustration, I guess? Haha..

Most of my pet peeves are very similar to that of everyone else's, yet I find it hilarious how most people are annoyed by the same things while we all seem guilty of doing them... Odd, right?

Okay, #1: SMACKING YOUR FOOD - I understand the occasional bit of noise while chewing, especially if it's bubble gum or minty gum (whatever type of gum you decide to chew), but I find it less forgivable when it comes to food. You all probably know at least one person who does this. They take a bite of their food and then you hear SMACK-SMACK-SMACK like they're having their last meal or something. And I know this is horrible to say, but sometimes you just wanna reach over and hold their mouth shut until they finally learn how to chew properly.

#2 is an odd one. I'm sure everybody has a word (or multiple words) or a phrase that dries them mental. Well, mine is "Sensitive" when used to describe a person when he or she is feeling particularly hurt over something someone else said or did to them. My mother frequently calls me "Sensitive" when I talk about why some people in my life bother me, and the feeling that comes along with that word, I could imagine, would be similar to what your ears go through while listening to a nails-on-chalkboard track on repeat for about an hour. It literally gives me chills, and not the good kind. But I suppose you could say that I'm only being sensitive

#3 would be when people barge into my room without knocking, especially in the morning.  When I was younger, I used to be woken up by someone barging into my room super loudly and flipping on my light switch all the time, and there's only so much of that a person can take! Especially because I usually was running on a few hours of sleep per night, so waking me up so suddenly was not only irritating in itself, but it left me in a groggy, sort of bad mood for a couple hours after.

#4 is a more grown-up thing and it's when drivers don't turn on their signals when switching lanes, especially when you have to slam on your brakes in order to let them through. If you're one of these drivers, I'd advise you to cut that out right now. I feel like people don't fully comprehend the dangers of doing this, even with the blinker. There are a lot of potential accident risks, even if you turn on your blinker, but it's at least courtesy for cutting someone off. If I get cut off by another driver, I'm less likely to get upset if he or she used his signals properly. (P.S. I thought this pic could get my point across in a more visual way, haha..)

#5 finally are people who aren't specific while texting. Some things can be taken different ways with the use of punctuation. There have been so many misunderstandings between me and people who simply refuse to use basic punctuation such as "?" "," or "." while texting, so if we're ever having a conversation, please keep that in mind. It doesn't have to be used super correctly; just try. That's all I ask.

That is it for today's blog challenge. Now I wanna ask you (yes you, person reading this right now) what are your top 5 pet peeves? Do you agree with me on at least one of my personal pet peeves?

As always, you can find the 30 Day Blog Challenge list by clicking the link.


Until tomorrow
-Kristazzi

No comments:

Post a Comment